What's news on 5 June 2014 - Announcement and support
1. HKDRC 37th Green Half Marathon and 10K confirmed to be held on 2 Nov 2014 (Sun)
2. We are proud to have Gammon Construction Limited’s confirmation to be the title sponsor for the Green Half Marathon. Gammon is directly supporting the Green and low carbon elements of the race, mirroring Gammon’s dedication to make construction industry more sustainable.
3. We are also proud to have Polar Electro HK Ltd., RacingThePlanet (極地長征)，Silroc International Ltd. - Perskindol, Nature’s Village, Asian Academy for Sports & Fitness Professionals (AASFP), Gatapex, Logo Printing Company, Vegetable Marketing Organization and T5 Lab confirmed sponsoring our events.
4. From this year, Asia Fitness Therapy Center (AFTC) will be the Official Physiotherapy of the HKDRC. AFTC would offer exclusive discount for their professional courses to our members and provide onsite service on the race day.
5. Heifer International – Hong Kong (國際小母牛香港分會) (HHK) will form a collaboration with HKDRC to host the 10k Run for charity. The name of the run is set as “ Heifer Race To Feed 10K Run 小母牛 競步善行10公里賽”, it will be held alongside with our half marathon on the same day at the same course. Integrated in the 10k Run for individuals, there will be two more categories – 5K Run for Corporate Teams & 3K Fun Run for Family Groups. All entry fees and donations from 10K, 5K and 3K will be donated to Heifer International – Hong Kong
6. Heifer International established in 1944 in the USA, it is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending world hunger and poverty by providing animals and training to help impoverished families around the globe become self-reliant. HHK was founded in 2000. As a partner of Heifer International, HHK has been supporting Heifer’s program in China. For details, please check at www.heiferhk.org
7. We offer full support to HHK for fund raising by providing our manpower and resources. We will contribute our expertise experience on the race work.
8. The HKDRC 37th Green Half Marathon and 10K 2014 shall be re-named as“ HKDRC 37th Hong Kong Green Half Marathon and Heifer Race to Feed 10K Run 2014 “
9. The organizing work includes online registration is in good progress. We aimed to commence the online registration and the mail registration on 1 August 2014. The design of event poster and entry form are scheduled to be completed for upload on web sites at www.hkdrc.org , www.gammonconstruction.com and www.heiferhk.org
10. As a commitment in the field of running, we aim to make our Half Marathon and 10K Run as green as we can by giving out sustainable souvenirs and prizes, cutting down as much as possible unnecessary waste, introducing the opportunity from runners to recycle clothing on site, provide free bus shuttles to the race venue from various stations in Hong Kong, and lots more.
11. More announcements of our event will be presented on the next “What’s News in July “.
HKDRC Race Committee